Capacity & Coverage Optimization
Effectively manages the tradeoff between coverage and capacity. Helping operators handle dynamic traffic distribution, design faults and real life network operational constraints
What it does
Base stations’ RF parameters play a key role in capacity and coverage RAN performance – and, ultimately, on users’ Quality of Experience (QoE). Network performance is affected not only by suboptimal planning but also by the dynamic radio environment and therefore radio parameters should be dynamically adjusted. The 3GPP introduced the Coverage and Capacity Optimization (CCO) use case for LTE networks. Intucell’s CCO product realizes it both for LTE and for HSPA networks. It identifies coverage holes and high overlaps, and automatically performs corrective actions by adjusting the base station’s radio controlling parameters.
Using near real time user measurements, Intucell’s CCO identifies the geographical position of the troubled area, without the need for costly drive tests and tedious manual post-processing. As a result cells radio footprint are dynamically changed either by tilt change or using cell power settings. The product balances coverage & capacity between layers (IRAT, carriers) in order to get the most out of the radio network.
- Enhances subscriber quality of experience by filling up coverage holes
- Improves voice and data performances
- Improves network efficiency by reducing cell overlap
- Implements dynamic coverage and capacity balancing according to radio environment dynamics
- Dynamic and centralized control of radio parameters as well as multi-vendor RET system control
- Provides the engineers full control of the application including GUI representation of system actions and resulting KPIs
- Improvement in LTE performance implementing dynamic cell edge performance optimization